|Shri. L. Kumar|
|Office||:||+91-413-2205566, 2200255 Exn. 201|
The Directorate of School Education, Puducherry is serving to the citizens of the Union Territory of Pondicherry located in the four landscapes of the three neighbouring states of Tamilnadu, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. The Directorate is responsible for providing literacy and education to the people of this Union Territory at Pre-Primary, Primary, Middle, Secondary and Higher Secondary Levels of schooling.
Apart from these government run educational institutions, this Directorate is financially supporting various private educational institutions through Grant-in-aid for providing education to all the children of this Union Territory, who are in the age group of 3 - 17 years. The financial outlay on the Grant-in-aid provided to a total number of 36 educational Institutions in the current financial year is Rs.10.27 Crores.
Besides, providing regular and formal education to the younger citizens of this Union Territory, the following services are rendered to develop the socio-economic status of the students in the age group of 3 - 17 and the teachers, by implementing various welfare schemes.
· Provision of Breakfast Scheme
· Provision of Midday Meals scheme
· Provision of Text/Note Books to students of Below Poverty Line & Economically Weaker Sections, of the soceity.
· Provision of Dictionary to Students of Standard IX
· Provision of Uniform Clothe to students from I -XII Std.
· Provision of Footwear to students from Standard I - XII
· Provision of Scholarship to ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTION/BELOW POVERTY LINE/ OTHER ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS,students.
· Provision of Financial assistance to students for medical treatment, on payment of a nominal premium.
· Provision of Financial assistant to teachers for expenses connected to the marriage of their daughters.
· Provision of Financial assistance to the family of the teacher who die in harness.
· Provision of Lumpsum grant for producing 100% Pass in the SSLC / HSC public examination.
· Recognizing the services of teachers who produce 100% subject-wise Pass Percentage.
Further to the provision of these facilities to students in the formal education sector, Free of Cost Coaching Classes are run to students of Minority Communities, for equipping themselves to compete in the various tests/ examinations for B. S. R. B. /Civil Services / Staff Selection Commission / National Talent Search Competition for Medical & Engineering and to the candidates sponsored by the Government of Pondicherry.